In this article, we will in turn learn about soft skills such as: what are soft skills? In what ways are life skills different from soft skills? The importance of learning soft skills? Differentiate between soft skills and hard skills? And finally, after understanding the role and importance of soft skills, where can we learn soft skills?

What are soft skills?

What are soft skills?
Soft skills is a sociological term that refers to skills related to the use of language, ability to socialize, attitudes and behaviors applied to communication between people. Soft skills are skills that are related to integrating into, living with or interacting with society, community, group or organization.

Soft skills (also known as Social Practical Skills) is a term used to refer to important skills in human life such as: life skills, communication, leadership, teamwork, skills Time management, relaxation, crisis management, creativity and innovation…

Soft skills differ from hard skills to refer to professional qualifications, specialized knowledge or qualifications and certifications. In fact, only 25% of successful people are due to professional knowledge, the remaining 75% is determined by the soft skills they are equipped with.

Soft skills are mainly personality skills, non-specialist, untouchable, not special personality skills, they determine your ability to become a leader. , audience, negotiator or conflict mediator. “Hard” skills in the opposite sense often show up on your résumé—your education, experience, and expertise.

How are soft skills different from life skills?
When you are concerned about skills issues, the first and foremost thing you need to understand is this: Life skills and soft skills are not two different things, and much less the same, that soft skills are part of life skills, or life skills include soft skills and some other skills that will be introduced in turn in the next lessons or you can also follow directly at the Education Fitness Plus okay.

What is hard skill?
Hard skills are often understood as knowledge, conclusions and practices of professional technical nature. Hard skills are delivered through core curriculum, logically coherent, and sequential construction. The time to acquire hard skills is usually very long, decades, starting from the basic knowledge and skills in high school through all levels such as: geometric thinking, linguistic-grammar thinking, system of basic theoretical concepts, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics… and these knowledge and skills are gradually developed to higher levels, through systematic teaching, practice and self-study.

For hard skills, full self-study is almost impossible, but one is forced to go through systematic stages of logical thinking and rely on “the role of giants” Huge” Often, the role of formal education is particularly important in the formation of skills that harden over time, until the ability to self-study is reached.

Because the training process is long, arduous, and accompanied by exams that demonstrate the ability to pass certain levels, hard skills are spent more time than soft skills; and in terms of time sequence, often invested before possessing soft skills in life.

The importance of soft skills
Soft skills are proven to have a great influence on the success or failure of an individual’s career and life, however, its importance is rarely mentioned by students and parents. You are a person with a lot of plan s and plans for the future of yourself and your loved ones, are soft skills really important to you? Do you have good expertise, is that enough to help you succeed? Did you know only 30% of people with high IQ achieve success in life? Why do Vietnamese young people study very well in school, but when they graduate, they still have not achieved the desired success?

In fact, only 15% of successful people are due to specialized knowledge, the remaining 85% is determined by the soft skills they are equipped with (according to Wikipedia). Employers value “soft” skills, because studies show them to be a very effective measure alongside traditional job skills or so-called “hard” skills. .

A recent study found that personal metrics such as conscientiousness and agreeableness were just as important predictors of career success as cognitive ability and experience. work experience (according to BWPortal).

Important soft skills
1. Have Confidence, Will To Win & Optimistic Perspective
We’ve all heard the advice that it’s better to look at a glass of water half full than to see it half empty. In the workplace, this optimistic mindset can go a long way in helping you grow. All optimism leads to an optimistic attitude and can be an asset in the workplace, defeating cynicism and pessimism.

The key to having an optimistic attitude is how you deal with an obstacle or challenge when you encounter it. For example, instead of complaining about a stressful workload, think of it as an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to be positive and productive.

2. Teamwork skills
Are you able to work well in a team? Do you contribute actively and sometimes as a leader?

– Employers love employees who demonstrate the ability to work well in a team. Getting along with the team not only means being collaborative, but also demonstrating good leadership when the time is right.

– Maybe at some point, a conflict appears in your group, please act proactively to mediate. When you find your team is bogged down in a project, try to turn the situation around, taking the solution in a different direction. And what do you do if you don’t normally work in a team? Try to appear willing to work cooperatively and establish working relationships with all colleagues if possible. Learn how to say what you think and how to express it with body language.

3. Communication skills
Are you a person who can both talk and listen? You can share your work situations and requirements with colleagues, customers… in a positive and constructive way. Good communication skills are a strength for anyone at work. Communication is the vehicle that allows you to build bridges with your colleagues, persuade others to accept your ideas, and express your needs.

Many of the little things you do on a daily basis – there may be things you never thought about that can have a huge impact on your communication skills. Here are some things to keep in mind when communicating with others. In general, you should pay attention to how you use your words to make an impression on the interlocutor. Also don’t forget that one of the skills of communication is listening.

If you lack foreign languages, you will miss the opportunity to work in big companies. If you lack qualifications, it is difficult for you to advance to higher ranks. But without Communication Skills, you will miss it all: career opportunities, relationships and opportunities to prove yourself both at work and in life.

If you are not really confident with speaking, expressing and communicating with others, learn more about methods to improve these skills through the communication skills training program on Please.

4. Confidence
Do you really believe you can do this job? Can you show a calm and confident attitude to others? Do you encourage people to ask the necessary questions to provide constructive feedback? In most cases, when you want to impress someone, confidence is a very effective attitude.

While it is important to be humble when you receive praise, it is equally important to acknowledge your strengths. Make sure you have the knowledge and skills to demonstrate your confidence. See more articles: How to be confident.


Comments are closed.